Contrary to popular belief, not all expensive drones have amazing features. As a photographer or hobbyist one only needs to ensure that the drone they are buying has the features that will facilitate their work. Since there are numerous drones in the market, we have prepared this article on the best drones under 300 to ensure you find that which is best for you. Though there are hundreds of brands in the market, we have only reviewed those that are worth your time and money.
We have prepared this product FAQ section on the best drones under 300 to answer the most commonly asked questions about drones. By reading this article, you will know how drones work and what to consider when choosing a drone.
What Are the Best Drones Under 300?
Before we answer this question, it is essential to understand what a drone is. In layman terms, a drone is an aircraft that does not have a pilot. This means that unlike a conventional aircraft that needs a pilot to control it from within, this is controlled from the outside using a remote. Unlike a decade ago when a drone would cost one an arm and a leg, these days they are cheaper and with more features. When we discuss the best drones under 300, we are talking about drones that cost less than $300
How Does a Drone Work?
Contrary to popular belief, a drone is not as complicated as most people think. When you buy a drone one does not need technical skills to assemble it. A manual will work just fine. It is crucial to understand that a drone is efficient and worth your time if it solves a particular problem. For a drone to work, it must have certain parts such as a GSC component that enables one to control the drone from the ground, a flight controller and a propeller that makes it possible to fly. Other parts that are required to make a drone functional include a motor, landing gear, camera, transmitter, and batteries.
In flying, the rotors give the drone the needed propulsion for it to get off the ground. As the rotor rotates, it pushes air downwards and as a result opposite force is created pushing the rotors upwards creating lift. To ensure it does not fly out of view, it uses a GPS tracking system and is made from light materials for easy lift.
What Are the Main Uses Of a Drone?
Drones have a wide range of uses from military use, corporate use, and civilian use. They mainly use military drones for surveillance and to eliminate enemy targets from the sky. Corporate use includes the use of drones to deliver goods especially for e-commerce companies and for photography. Corporates can also use them to film corporate events. Civilians use drones for photography, film and hobbyist activities.
How to Choose the Best Drones Under 300
This question is not an easy question to ask due to several factors that one should consider. This is however not to say we can not answer the question. Based on our experience one should consider the following factors before buying a drone;
Price and Quality
Unless you are a tycoon who does not mind spending his money, then a million dollar drone would be best for you. For the rest of us who have to wake at 5 am and work two jobs in a day to live the American dream, then it would be wise to consider the best drones under 300. The price should not be an issue as long as the drone has the required features needed to solve a need and is of high quality. As a drone enthusiast, never be seduced by the features alone as some drones have numerous features that are attractive but made from poor quality materials. Always find a balance between quality and price.
The skill level will determine the ability of an individual to fly a drone. Simpler drones with basic features such a camera for photography are simpler to use when compared to drones that require one to transport blood in rural towns. If you require a drone for your child, then a simpler drone with simple features is best. Always make sure that drones operated by children have propeller guards to ensure they are safe. Your skill level should determine the drone to buy.
It does not matter whether you want to buy the best drones under 300 or a 10,000 dollar drone, if the drone does not have the features you seek, then that drone is not worth your time and money. An example is when one wants a drone for photographic use. Though the drone may have a camera, it may not be of great use if the camera is of reduced resolution. If you are an adventure junkie, then you require a drone that has a backup battery and can fly for long periods without having to be recharged. Always remember that additional features are useful only if you plan to use them.
The purpose of the drone been bought will determine how well it is used. If you intend to buy a drone for indoor use, then you require one that can operate in an internal environment. The same applies to drones designed to be used for outside activities. If you need a drone suitable for flips and tricks, then you must have one that is designed for that purpose. This is the only way your experience with drones will be fulfilling.
Can The Best Drones Under 300 Be Used For Business?
This is a common question that most drone users ask especially when they have gotten bored with their drones and want to make extra income. Drones provide excellent opportunities for owners to make a living. The most common ways to earn from drones are;
Drone photography offers an opportunity for the drone owner to make a living from film or taking photos from an angle that ordinary photographers cannot take. This gives one competitive advantage in this field. Other areas where competitive advantage is gained is in landscape photography, sporting events, wildlife, and real estate.
Since drones operate from the air, they have a better view of a property and can be better positioned to detect home intruders and fire. Depending on the drone, some can notify the police or the homeowner in case of an emergency. Other uses include chimney inspection, search and rescue services and agricultural surveys where drones can collect information on soil hydration, fungal infestations, and level of soil composition.
As a surveyor, one can take advantage of drones to gather cartographic data in 3D which is more accurate and cheaper for the landowner. This service can be extended to forest management, pollution monitoring, and archaeology. If you are good with fixing technical devices, then you can become a drone repairer and earn extra income as a side business.
How We Reviewed
The following products were reviewed based on the following parameters; features, pros, and cons, where to buy and image quality. The products on our best drones under 300 this list were not randomly chosen but instead selected from the numerous drones in the market by use of an elimination method based on the level of superiority in terms of quality and features offered.
We invested our time and effort in the research of these products, and we are therefore satisfied that this is an unbiased best of list worth your time.
Best Drones Under 300: Overall Price Range
The overall price range of these products is around $50-300. Though higher priced products have more features than lower-priced products, it is not correct to claim lower-priced products are inferior as they all have their use. As a result, this best drones under 300 review is not dependent on price but the quality and feature of the products been reviewed.
Best Drones Under 300: What We Reviewed
Best Drones Under 300
- Pocket-size rechargeable drone with dual satellite positioning and high definition camera
- Traditional one-button take-off and landing as well as voice control, pat, or throw-and-fly take-off methods
- Easily control with your phone’s swipe function or use phone as a motion controller
- Innovative camera offers facial recognition, digital 3-axis stabilizer, and ability to synchronize photos with one click
- Dimensions: With propellers in – 135mm x 67mm x 36.8mm. With propellers expanded – 135mm x 145mm x 36.8mm. Weight: Only 199g, no FAA registration is requried
Starting our best drones under 300 list is the Zerotech Dobby; it boasts of impressive design and functionality. It uses a 2.3GHz quad-core processor and a 2Gb ram to ensure it operates efficiently. Unlike other drones in the market, this boasts of a facial recognition software and an Adreno 330 graphics processor that makes this device a must-have. It comes with a 13MPX inbuilt camera ideal for photography. It is worth to note that this is not just any other ordinary photo as the drone has an electronic image stabilization feature that ensures only 4K resolution pictures are produced.
The camera produces 7K resolution images.
- Large wingspan Black Sparrow Quadcopter Drone with 4-channel 2.4Ghz remote control
- 6-axis gyroscope provides responsive flight stability and maneuverability
- Landing gear and prop guards for sturdy protection during rough take off or landings
- Easy operation - Take off, Return, Headless Mode
- Package Contents: AUKEY UA-P03 Black Sparrow Drone, USB Charger, Hand Held Remote Control, User Manual, 24 Month Warranty Card
One of the best drones under 300 that is suitable for use by beginners is the Aukey Sparrow Drone. This is because it is easy to operate. It comes with protective features such as prop guards that guard the propeller against heavy landings. To ensure a stable flight and efficient maneuverability is achieved, it is made with a 6-axis gyroscope. Other features include a 24-month warranty card and a 2.4Ghz remote control.
This product has no camera.
- Great Drone For Beginners and Adult: Equipped with REAL-TIME WI-FI transmission and Panasonic HD camera. Wonderful choice for starting their journey with drone flying. It’s made of premium materials and comes at a fantastic value.
- Easy to Use with GPS One Key Return: When we want the drone to go back or it flew out of sight, the drone will fly towards to player with simple press one one key return button. Operate the forward/backward control stick, the drone will exit the one key return function.
- Creative Headless Mode: When the drone is flying in headless mode, the drone no longer distinguish between front and back. It will fly exactly as directed by the remote control, free shooting of any side without distinction. Very creative shooting, the perfect choice of panorama shooting with headless mode.
- Equipped with Panasonic 2.7k HD Camera: Take drone shooting to new level and enjoy a live video feed in high-definition straight to your phone with the all new FPV feature, no more worry about no images. 90°Adjustable angle, captures high-quality video and aerial photos. You can enjoy the Real-Time Viewing right from your phone on the remote controller. Ideal selfie drone, catching every moment of your vacation from a birds-eye perspective.
- Much Longer Battery Life: Drone with Camera comes with a powerful 11.1V 5400mAh battery that can last as much as 18 minutes flight time, while other brands usually last just 6-8min.Never Let Battery Life Interrupt Your Session Again.
If you are looking for the best drones under 300 suitable for photography, then the UPair is what you should consider. It boasts of a Panasonic 2.7k HD camera that has an adjustable angle of 90 degrees and the ability to capture real-time image from the comfort of your phone. To add sugar to honey, it comes with an inbuilt 7 inch LCD screen for live viewing via a 5.8GHZ frequency. Other features include an average flight time of 16 minutes with a range of around 500 meters.
Has a 2k Camera that can be upgraded to a 4k camera.
The Hubsan H01S boasts of a 1080p HD camera that makes it suitable for photography. It has a large and extended battery with a flying time of at least 20 minutes. Unlike other drones in the market, this boast of a GPS lock and this means it can hover around a particular altitude. Another unique feature is that one does not have to worry about the drone getting lost as it has an automatic return home capability. Features worth noting include a 4.3 LCD screen on the transmitter and a 400-meter range.
It has a 1080p HD Camera.
If you are looking for a product that has a reputation for stealth and suitable for drone racing, then this is what you need. It comes with a detachable 1080p HD camera for high-quality pictures and videos. It is ideal for aerial maneuvers and entertaining stunts. It can fly for around 15 minutes without having to recharge with a range of 250 meters. Other features include four propellers with their guards, a balance charger and a remote controller.
It has no Camera of its own though a 1080p camera can be mounted on it.
- Updated Brushless motor: Brushless motor won't overheat and melt like plastic, so you get longer flights (15-20 minutes). They don't fray and spark like brush motors, so they're far safer.
- Fly up to 15-20 minutes: Blue bugs 3 lasts for 15 minutes at mid-to-high throttle, and up to 20 minutes with conservative use. Bugs 3 flies stable & smooth for beginners and faster for expert.
- Long distance control remote control alarm: ven when your Blue bugs 3 is a tiny Speck in the distance, you retain 100% control. Fly to 1, 000 feet and beyond in seconds and capture incredible shots of breathtaking vistas. Don't worry, low power alarm and weak signal alarm will keep the drone always under control.
- Fly against high speed wind: bugs 3 is made of durable nylon fiber material and the weigh T is up to 1. 4 kg. It will be powerful enough to enable you to fly a drone whenever you want it, even against high speed wind.
- 3D rolls & flip: this drone will amaze you by performing a cool 3D flip at the Press of button. Have fun with your Blue bugs 3, we provide 30 days money back grantee and life time technical support.
If you are seeking an affordable product, then the Dracon Bugs 3 is what you should consider. One unique feature is that it boasts of a flight time of 15 minutes thanks to a solid Lipo battery. It is suitable for hobbyists because it has a control range of 300 meters. Though the device does not have a camera, it has an adjustable mount for one to mount their cameras and recording devices. Other unique features include a brushless motor that prevents overheating and the ability to fly against strong winds.
It has no camera of its own but has an adjustable camera mount.
- HI-DEF SHOTS & FOLLOW ME MODE - 1080P HD 5G WiFi Camera + Powerful Air Pressure Altitude can make the drone hover stably and capture high quality videos and aerial photos. The quadcopter will automatically follow and capture your movement wherever you go, which makes it easy to get complex shots, perfect for hands-free flying and selfie.
- GPS RETURN HOME - JJRC drone moves accurately and locks onto satellite fast, providing you with accurate positioning details of your drone. Smart Return-to-Home (RTH) function is designed for safer flight. It will automatically return to home point when battery is low or the control signal is out of range. So never worrying about losing the drone.
- BEGINNER’S DRONE - Headless Mode, Altitude Hold and One Key Take-off/Landing/Return are designed for easy operation, perfect for beginners. The remote controller of the RC drone will alarm when the flight distance is out of range or in low battery, and at this time you can turn to one key automatic return to recall your drone.
- SUPPORT DIGITAL DEVICE CONTROL - Download the JJRC App on your mobile phone or tablet and connect to the WiFi drone.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL - This RC quadcopter is equipped with 4 LED lights under each propeller, ensuring it can fly safely at night. 360-Degree Rolling Over Function helps avoid obstacles. Brushless Motor ensures low friction during engine operation and reduce heat production.
The Lohome drone boasts of a sleek modern design that makes it attractive to look. It comes with an inbuilt camera that makes this drone suitable for photography as it has a resolution of 1080p. It uses Gps technology to lock onto satellites. One unique feature about this drone is that it has a smart-return to home feature that allows it to return from the point of origin when it gets out of range or when the battery is low. It is suitable for use at night thanks to attached 4 LED lights. Other features include a headless mode and brushless motors for efficiency.
It has a camera resolution of 1080p.
- Upgraded 1080P FHD Camera: 1080p FHD lenses with 120° FOV and 90° adjustable angle that help you capture every aerial moment
- 5G FPV Wi-Fi Transmission: Lets you see what your drone see, provides you with clear and fluent live video feed from up to 1600ft away, offers a thrilling flight experience
- GPS Auto Return Home: GPS positioning prevents drone loss; the drone will automatically return to home when its battery is low or loss signal, helps you fly safely
- Easy and Fun to Fly: Assisted with Headless Mode, Altitude Hold and One Key Takeoff/Landing functions and up to 15 min flying time, perfect drone for kids or beginners
- Follow Me Mode: The drone will automatically follow and capture your every move; you can take photos or videos the way you like, ideal selfie drone
Holy stone has an average weight of around 42 grams. It is best for beginners who would like to horn their drone skills. It will be an injustice if we do not mention that this drone can perform amazing stunts and withstand light winds. If one would like to use a drone indoors, then this is best because of its small size. It boasts of a flight time of fifteen minutes and comes with easy to swap replacement batteries. Other features include a GPS auto return feature, a 1080p FHD camera that is 90 degrees adjustable and an altitude hold feature.
It has a 1080p FHD camera.
- Easily updates to meet FAA requirements
- Explore the world in 14 megapixel full HD 1080p and capture any vista with Bebop's 180° field of view
- Cruise at your own pace and return home automatically
- Take clear photos and videos using advanced 3-axis image stabilization
- Fly farther and faster with quick charging Lithium ion batteries (included)
The parrot is rated the best looking drone available. It comes in red with a modern and sleek design. It is best for beginners because of its stability and the fact it is easy to use and control. It boasts of a 3-axis digital stabilization system which makes it ideal to use in strong winds. With an optimal load and perfect weather, one should expect the drone to fly for a maximum of 25 minutes with the ability to cruise at a speed of more than 60km/h. It is ideal for amazing selfies and aerial videography thanks to a 1080p mounted camera. It is worth to note that it has a range of 300 meters.
It boasts of a 1080p mounted camera.
- The number one selling name ins RTR
- Innovative designa and engineering
- Made using only the highest quality components
- Quad-rotor thrust with auto-leveling 6-axis flight system
- High-capacity 650mAh LiPo battery
The Traxxas is not your ordinary drone; it is faster and more agile. The manufacturers of this device made it possible for sports enthusiasts to have fun as they only have to set it to sports mode. This will cause the drone to reach speeds of above 50mph. Movie directors can use the drone to film scenes by setting it to film mode where it is stable.
Though it does not have its own camera, it has a 2-axis gimble for one to attach a camera. Some unique features worth mentioning about include an air brake feature, return to home feature and dual GPS. Though the range is limited to 160 meters, it has a flying time of 18 minutes. This is made possible because of a 650mAh Lipo battery.
Though it has no camera of its own a 1080p can easily be mounted on the drone.
- LONG FLIGHT TIME - The Altair 818 Hornet remote control beginner drone gets 15 minutes of flight time per battery and comes with 2 batteries in the box which gives you twice the flight to enjoy with your friends and family before recharging!
- STABLE FLIGHT, DURABLE CONSTRUCTION - This customized 818 Drone for kids and adults is very stable in the air because it has altitude hold and 1 button take off and landing to keep things simple so it's great for kids, beginners & the whole family!
- EASY TO FLY - The 818 Hornet has 3 controller skill settings so you can adjust to the pilot, take turns flying with brand new pilots and they'll love it! It's a great indoor drone as well so the fun never has to stop due to weather!
- AFFORDABLE CAMERA DRONE - Take live video and photography in first person view FPV with an fpv headset or your phone or tablet! (SD Card Not Included! Recommend Class 10 SD Card, Max Size 32 GB.) The under $200 dollar price makes the Altair 818 Hornet camera drone one of the best drones for the money.
- THE ALTAIR PROMISE - The Altair brand based in the USA out of Lincoln, Nebraska stands for quality, integrity and service. We stand by our products with service and make sure spare parts are available. For Under $200 you're getting a great drone!
The Altair is one of the best drones under 300 best suited for use by beginners who would like to get a feel of how it is to use a drone. It weighs around 2.9 pounds and has a 720p HD camera attached to it. It has an impressive flight time of approximately 15 minutes and coverage of about 150 meters. The 818 model is customized for use by children and adults; hence the use of one button for both take off and landing. The drone can be used for indoor use, and this makes it ideal as the fun never stops. Other features worth mentioning include an altitude hold feature and a headless mode capability. Combined with a 720p HD camera, this drone is perfect for photography.
The Altair model has an inbuilt camera with a capacity of 720p which makes it ideal for photography.
Best Drones Under 300: The Verdict
All the devices on our best drones under 300 list are worth your time and money. However, the drones will only be of use if they solve a particular need that one may have. For example, if you are interested in a drone suitable for photographic use, then the Hubsan H501S X4 is best. If one is looking for a drone ideal for a beginner, then the Parrot Bebop Quadcopter is best.