Whether you are a major drone enthusiast, an avid photographer who implements drones in your picture taking, or just someone who enjoys flying drones as a hobby, you know that some drones are simply better designed and better made better than others. In this Yuneec Typhoon H review, we feature a professional quality-drone designed for non-professionals to use successfully. Even beginners with very little knowledge of drones can fly this award-winning product because of its ease of use. This was simply unheard of for a drone of this quality until recently.
We took an in-depth look at our featured Yuneec drone and researched many other drones on the market in order to deliver this Yuneec Typhoon H review. We have chosen 3 of them to review along with the Typhoon H in order to show how they compare.
What Is the Yuneec Typhoon H?
The Yuneec Typhoon H is a professional-quality, hexacopter-style drone that even beginners can be confident in flying. It is ready to fly right out of the box and requires very little instruction for operation. With all of its features and capabilities, it easily impresses even the most seasoned professional. The Typhoon H won the 2016 Consumer Electronics Show's 'Best of Class' award due to its professional, high-end quality.
One of the main reasons we felt compelled to create and post this Yuneec Typhoon H review was the impressive feature set on this drone. The Typhoon H has an impressive flight time of 25 minutes and 8 smart flight modes. Intel RealSense Technology allows the pilot to fly with confidence, knowing the drone can avoid anything in its path.
This professional-quality camera takes 4K video footage in ultra-HD resolution and 12-megapixel photos. The camera also rotates 360 degrees and has a "team mode" when flying with others. The Typhoon H weighs 12 lbs and comes with an ST 16-model, all-in-one controller. It also has retractable parts and folds to a compact size.
This Yuneec Typhoon H review includes extensive information on our featured product, which is on the market today at a price of around $1,900 to $2,000. The other drones on our list, presented for comparison, range widely in price from about $300 to around $1,000. The drone market today offers an incredible range of products at different price points, making information like that in this Yuneec Typhoon H review indispensable for making a wise investment.
How Similar Products Compare in Our Yuneec Typhoon H Review
We picked a few similar products available on the market to compare to the Yuneec Typhoon H drone. We have listed these competing drones below, and we will look at each model at some depth in order to balance this Yuneec Typhoon H review and aid you in making a smart purchasing decision.
- Capture 4K Video and 20MP Photos. 360-Degree Image and Video Capture. 3-Axis Sensor-Driven Image Stabilization
- Up to 1 Mile 2.4/5.8 GHz Wi-Fi Range. Flight Controller with 7" Touch Screen.
- Up to 30 Minutes of Flight Time.
- Intel RealSense Collision Avoidance. Intelligent Autonomous Flight Modes.
- Can Withstand Winds up to 35 mph. 5-Rotor Fail Safe Mode.
Ease Of Use
The Yuneec Typhoon H Plus hexacopter boasts straight-out-of-the-box flight capabilities without user hassle, and once in the air, there is no need to worry about impact damage because of its built-in collision avoidance system. It provides real-time footage on the 720p HD controller screen, and the 6-rotor design allows this drone to stay in flight even if one of them fails. Even novice pilots can fly this drone.
The performance of this drone is top-notch in nearly every respect. From its professional quality camera that provides 4K video to its 25-minute flight time on a single charge, it is all about performance. We especially liked the technology that allows this drone to lose some of its thrust and still stay in the air.
We loved the design quality of the Yuneec Typhoon H Plus hexacopter. Everything about it, from its visual appearance to its 4K Ultra High Def camera exudes quality. Added features such as intelligent navigation with collision avoidance, the all-in-one controller, and this amazing flyer's attractive multi-colored lights just solidified our appreciation for its design overall.
The Typhoon H carries a 1-year warranty from Yuneec that protects against all manufacturer's defects. The battery is only covered by a one-month warranty, however.
- Small yet powerful, Mantis Q features cutting edge, advanced drone features such as voice control and facial detection in an easy-to-use, ultra portable package.
- Using an integrated camera, the Mantis Q records high resolution photos and videos. Still images with a resolution of 4800x2700 (16:9) or 4160x3120 (4:3) pixels are saved in JPEG or DNG format on the included MicroSD card; the same goes for up to 4K of recorded videos.
- Vision based tracking and face detection. Simply smile at the drone to activate face detection and as soon as the Mantis Q "sees" the user's face, it will take a photo from up to 13 feet away. In Gesture Control mode, Mantis Q will detect a hand waving and it will take a photo.
- "Mantis, take a selfie!" - With the all new Voice Control feature, users can command Mantis Q just by using their voice. Voice control allows users to take a photo or begin recording video all without having to manually take their hands off of the controls, making it that much easier to capture the perfect shot. Mantis Q responds to commands such as "Wake up" for powering on, "Take a picture", "Record a video" and "Take a selfie".
- Intelligent flight modes -Take your creativity to the next level by letting Mantis Q focus on the flying while you focus on the shot.
Weighing in at just 3.65 lbs., the Yuneec Mantis Q foldable drone is small but mighty. It features up to 33 minutes of flight time on a charge, a 4K camera with 1080p stabilization, and voice control capabilities. This compact camera drone offers 3 flight modes, and it can be used indoors or outdoors.
The Mantis has visual tracking so it can follow you wherever you go. It is foldable and convenient for travel and, with its instant sharing function, you can upload your photos directly from the designated application to your favorite social media pages. WIth facial detection built in, a smile can activate the Mantis and signal it to take a picture. Using gesture control, you can wave your hand to do the same task.
Ease Of Use
This adventure-ready drone is made to be portable and convenient. It is controlled by a mobile device or remote and can be tucked into a bag when not in use. With voice control, Mantis will respond to commands such as "wake up," and "take a selfie" which gives the pilot the ability to keep their hands on the remote.
The Mantis flies well and offers a lengthy flight time. The photos are clear and crisp, but the lack of a stabilizing gimbal on the camera affects clarity a bit. This drone does not have obstacle avoidance, which can cause less experienced pilots to be extra-careful while flying. It is still a lot of fun to operate, and its compact design is hard to beat for travel.
Foldable, convenient, and energy-efficient, this drone offers little to criticize in terms of its design quality. Key features and extras, including voice control and facial recognition, made this little drone even more enjoyable.
The Yuneec Mantis drone is covered by a one-year manufacturer's warranty that protects against all manufacturing or material defects. You can purchase an extended one-year warranty for an additional, manageable fee.
- Camera with 1-inch 20MP sensor the onboard camera has been redesigned to use a 1-inch Megapixel CMOS sensor.
- Five-directions of obstacle sensing. Please refer the Instructional Video and the User Manual before use.
- More powerful video processing supports H.264 4K videos at 60fps or H.265 4K at 30fps, both with a 100Mbps bitrate
- Note: Refer the Instructional Video and the User Manual before use which is highly recommended.
- Max Flight Time Approx. 30 minutes
The DJI Phantom 4 Pro has a flight time of around 30 minutes. The camera has a 1-inch, 20-megapixel sensor that is capable of shooting 4K video and also features a burst mode that takes still photos at 14fps. The Phantom 4 Pro's controller allows the pilot to choose between 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz frequencies to cut through interference and eliminate image lag.
This drone automatically recognizes subjects you identify, and it will follow and capture them visually, which makes getting complex, challenging shots easier. This pro-level drone from DJI also has gesture mode, which can be activated simply by holding your arms out to the side. The drone will then give you three seconds to pose and prepare before it snaps your picture.
Ease Of Use
This professional drone is not made for more novice users, but the DJI go app is very user-friendly and intuitive, which allows almost anyone to upload and share photos. Users with more experience found it easy to fly and enjoyed the intelligent flight modes. The Gimbal can be slightly hard to calibrate.
The DJI Phantom has some fun flight modes, and it goes really fast in sports mode. It is able to adjust its flight path to avoid obstacles, and if there is an obstacle or water where it is supposed to land, it will alert the pilot and hover nearby until it is cleared away. The 4K camera takes stunning photos and videos, and it features advanced processors and sensors.
The DJI Phantom 4 Pro comes in white and weighs about 6.5 lbs. A lot of thought and time went into the upgraded camera, and this flyer has some neat design features in addition to its amazing camera. It has dual compass modules and dual IMU units to ensure steady flight, for example.
We were left somewhat uncertain about precise DJI warranty coverage and policies that apply. As a result, we encourage you to do a bit more research and get current information on this matter before finalizing your purchase of this drone or any other high-end product.
- 2K FHD 90°Adjustable Camera with 5G Transmission: The upgraded camera (2048*1152P) with 110°FOV (field of view) lens gives a panoramic view for recording your unforgettable moment. 5G transmission ensures fast and high-quality FPV real time video from 1640-2600FT away- ideals for selfie. Edit and share your new creations to social media with your drone app directly.
- GPS Assisted Flight: With GPS location, the drone can hover stably and automatically return to Home precisely when its battery is low or the signal is lost. Shot with ease when the drone can follow you or fly in a circle along the path you set.
- 22 Mins Max Flight Time: The High-capacity 2800mAh intelligent battery yields up to 22mins flight time. It also has low-power alert. You can immerse yourself in a substantial flight.
- Brushless Motor: It is so quiet but very powerful when running. Working life is much more longer than brushed motors. Maintenance-free, which makes your flight more enjoyable. The upgraded quick-release propellers run with higher efficiency.
- Simple Control: Quick launch by pressing one key; quick-Release propellers can be set up with no screws; stable flight while keeping its altitude locked; easy direction control with headless mode. You can focus on camera control and more complex shots. The 2.4ghz on the package means the remote controller frequency,the WIFI frequency of the item is 5ghz. Please read the Instruction Manual before operation. Most of concerns can be settled down.
The Holy Stone HS700 FPV Drone is made for beginner pilots, and so it has simple controls and a quick-launch feature. It has an advanced 5G, 1080p camera with a 110-degree field of view, along with GPS-assisted flight enabling it to return home when the battery is low or when the signal is lost. It has a 20-minute flight time and can follow the pilot or fly in a circle along the path that is set for it. Also, it has a brushless motor that is quiet but very powerful and reliable, prompting many reviewers to note that breakdowns are very rare.
Ease Of Use
Because it is designed for beginners as well as accomplished drone flyers, the Holy Stone HS700 drone emphasizes ease of use in many ways. It can be quickly launched by pressing one key, and the quick-release propellers can be positioned with no need for screws or other hardware. It offers stable flight while keeping its altitude, and it has easy-adjust directional control.
Although it lacks many of the bells and whistles of professional drones, this little drone performs just as intended in most respects. Its 5G camera takes clear pictures and video, and its flight times are stable and not harrowing, which is especially good for beginners.
Our reviewers enjoyed the professional, operational qualities of this drone a bit more than its overall appearance.
This Holy Stone drone carries a 30-day, whole-unit warranty and a 90-day accessories warranty.
Now we come to our final verdict on our featured product. When we undertook our Yuneec Typhoon H review, we believed this professional drone was the best choice to make when deciding to purchase. Now that we have reached the end of our Yuneec Typhoon H review, and we have reviewed other drones on the market, we are even more convinced we made the best choice. While the other drones we reviewed here are nice; the features and capabilities of the Typhoon H were the best in this field, without question. It is a high-end product that is worth a substantial investment
Completing this Yuneec Typhoon H review gave us the welcome opportunity to thoroughly research a professional-quality drone that has unparalleled features but is still amazingly easy to operate. This products "fly it right out of the box" approach and attention to detail won us over. The drone, camera, and all-in-one controller provided here are all top-notch inclusions, and pilots from every walk of life will find many hours of enjoyment if they get a chance to fly a Yuneec Typhoon H drone.
Ultimately, we couldn't find anything about this drone that would warrant taking away even a half star from the maximum rating. We hope you enjoyed this Yuneec Typhoon H review as much as we enjoyed presenting it, and we wish you years of drone-flying, photo-capturing fun.
Featured image source: Unsplash